My Linkedin profile
Deep understanding of universal design principles and industry UX standards balanced with innovative solutions. Able to create not only excellent usability systems, but also simplified information architecture that can be applied to multiple iterations or platforms in a unified way.
Offer a clear vision of the “Big Picture” to determine scope and optimize task assignments. Ensure high quality by providing technical consulting and hands-on mentoring with team members. Experienced in project management tools like JIRA, dotProject and Request Tracker. Experienced with agile methodologies: Scrum Master training by Scrum Alliance.
Capable of determining client needs through user analysis in order to translate the client’s business goals to a meaningful usability experience. Excellent knowledge of prototyping tools such as Axure RP and iRise to deliver clear UX solutions.
Co-Founder, Chief Product Officer
June 2011–Present, Filmaster
- Design B2B services and products
- Envision long-term strategy
- Define front-end development directions
Unit Leader Front-End
September 2009–August 2011, Roche Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Manage a unit of 13 members and a portfolio of 20 projects per year
- Oversee the entire usability process from concept to implementation
- Provide consultation to clients and management for UX solutions
- Delegate tasks to team members to produce dynamic and efficient workflows
- Mentor team members and provide hands-on coaching
- Conduct workshops, brainstorming sessions, research analysis and presentations
Led the team that spearheaded iPhone application efforts for partner company, Genentech. Our team crafted the initial functional specifications and interaction design to ensure consistent navigation while considering both Apple interface guidelines and client ideas.
Worked closely with back-end developers in Warsaw and with business representatives, analysts, and interaction designers in South San Francisco. Managed the graphic design team to create appealing interfaces.
Specialist Software Development Front-End
April 2006–August 2009, Roche Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Lead the front-end development process from concept to deployment
- Analyze and clarify requirements through the iterative prototyping sessions
- Assess prototyping and development tools to be used by the whole team
Unite Account Planning
Led prototype-intensive sessions with developers and clients to create an information management system for hospital services. The project began with virtually no initial requirements and varying specifications coming from 5 different countries.
Multiple iterations of prototyping and workshops led to a precise understanding of client needs. Because the prototyping sessions were so comprehensive, the coding process was much smoother and the product was delivered earlier than expected. Received two internal awards for Customer Focus and Innovation.
Safety Surveillance Tool
Developed a profiling system for scientists leading researches on chemical compounds to eventually be used in clinical trials. We conducted research analysis with the end users and recorded their before to develop an optimal interaction design. The process involved preparing a series of paper prototypes, leading the sessions with end users, designing graphics, and implementing the entire front-end with HTML/CSS/JS.
Consultant / Front-End Developer/ UI Designer
February 2005–February 2006, empolis Poland Sp. z o.o. (Arvato AG group, Bertelsmann AG corporation)
- Managed the entire front-end operations from interface and navigation concept to graphic design and finally to implementation for a Text Edition System which consolidates texts of for the Polish Parliament Office.
- Designed the interface for multiple deployments of Orenge—a highly sophisticated full-text search engine based on knowledge mapping.
Ran as technical lead for a Virtual Call Center project based on Oracle portal for consultants to manage calls with a tree-based database model.
- Created content management web page templates for the major Polish newspaper Rzeczpospolita and trained future administrators of the system.
- Graphical design, knowledge model design, and presentations and workshops for users and administrators for Orenge search in PWP (Polish Professional Publications).
Project Manager / Deployment Consultant / Front-End Developer
April 2003–January 2005, eo Networks Sp. z o.o.
- Identified problems with their current system of coding each individual service portal. Designed a single set of templates that were applied to all service portal projects, reducing the amount of CSS coding required for each project.
- Conducted analysis, design and final deployment of multiple portals based on CAVA Content Management System (CAVA`CMS).
- Created HTML, CSS, and XSLT templates and ensured quality control of CMS development and delivery through World Wide Web Consortium standards.
- Served as Project Technical Manager for a major Polish newspaper internet portal: Super Express integrated with Quark, online payments and archives.
- Served as Project Manager and graphic designer for DomBank internet service.
- Served as Project Technical Manager for the Ministry of Science and Information’s web portal.
- Served as Project Technical Manager for the Polish Chamber of Information Technology and Telecommunications’ internet service.
- Developed code for Expander (leading Polish financial consultancy company) internet service and PKW (Polish Voting Committee) in XSLT and CSS.
- Deployed intranet and internet portals for USC (Civil Service Office) with XSLT and JSP programming; trained users and system administrators.
Consultant, Customer Retention Department
December 2002–March 2003, Era (Polish mobile operator)
- Pro-active calls to customers who decided to terminate the agreement
- Find out the real reasons of termination and prepare the best offer to satisfy the customer
- Originator and organizer of Front-Trends conference.
- Filmaster Mobile application: mockups, navigation concept, design ideas.
- Website design and implementation of JakiLinux – a popular portal for GNU/Linux newbies.
- Cooperatively designed a system to manage local intranet networks LMS (LAN Management System) .
- Organized and taught the course: “Internet technologies” for students of FPAE at Warsaw University of Technology.
- Support accessibility of the Internet by participating in local initiatives like Informatics Club organized by Polish Internet Society and Internet Society Poland.
- Fluent in Polish, English
- Driver’s license (since 1996)
- Security Certificate by President's Office valid till September 2015, clause confidential